Travel Team Leader
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced travel Team Leader, to join this luxury tour operator to manage their long haul sales team. As Team Leader you will be responsible for leading a team of long haul travel consultants, drawing upon your experience and excellent knowledge of Worldwide destinations to motivate, mentor and develop a highly successful team to consistently achieve sales, profit and service targets.
Travel Team Leader - Role & Responsibilities:
- Lead by example in selling single centre & tailor-made luxury holidays to the Indian Ocean, Caribbean, Middle East, Asia and Africa to both travel agents and direct customers.
- Lead, coach and motivate team to exceed sales, profit and service targets, ensuring excellent customer at all times.
- Be proactive in identifying & driving opportunities to improve sales and margins.
- Review customer experience and propose new ways of working to improve the customer journey through the sales pre and post booking process.
- Review daily analysis and reporting of individual and team productivity and booking statistics. Identify any issues for improvement and ensure swift resolution of these with individuals / team.
- Be responsible for the direct line management of a team to include: providing day-to-day oversight and direction, setting goals and providing feedback.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to individuals to develop product knowledge, improve sales performance and customer satisfaction.
- Take responsibility for department incentive scheme targets and submission of accurate payroll data.
Travel Team Leader - Skills & Experience Required:
- Must have experience of managing / supervising a front line travel sales team preferably with b2b experience.
- Passion for travel, with in depth specific knowledge and experience of travel to a variety of long haul destinations, specifically the Indian Ocean.
- Excellent people management skills with a commitment to developing others.
- Dynamic sales professional with proven sales ability and a strong customer focus.
- Strong commercial and analytical skills, with the ability to assess trading position and identify opportunities to maximise sales.
- Good understanding of the luxury travel market.
- Confident and assertive with the ability to influence and negotiate with others both internally and externally
- Ability to source and negotiate rates with suppliers on an ad hoc basis as required.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong working relationships at all levels.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a good eye for detail
- Self-motivated and results orientated with a positive outlook
- Strong computer, system and administration skill
Travel Team Leader - Additional Information:
- Competitive package including commission
- Currently working from home due to Covid restrictions but longer term will be office based in West Sussex.
- Working hours Monday to Sunday on a rota / shift pattern. Currently Monday to Saturday 9 to 5.30. 37.5 hours per week.
- October start date - apply today!
Please apply for the position of Travel Team Leader online or email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk