Africa Sales Specialist - Tour Operator £25-28k - Hampshire
This highly regarded and successful family travel specialist, are currently recruiting for an experienced worldwide travel consultant, with a particular focus on Africa, who has a drive to succeed in sales, and a passion for and detailed knowledge of the regions that they cover. The focus of your role will be to design and deliver tailor-made itineraries for their discerning clients. As a family specialist, they are looking for candidates who have an understanding of and affinity for the particular needs of this market. Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent, the successful candidate will have previous recent sales experience within the travel industry, ideally having worked for a comparable tour operator. The ability to deliver excellent customer service is paramount as well as attention to detail. You will be based in their lovely rural office near Farnham at least 2 days per week.
Africa Sales Specialist - Responsibilities
- The creation and conversion to sale of high quality tailor-made itineraries for current and future clients. You are ultimately responsible for planning, selling and implementation of itineraries.
- Assisting the Director in the creation of client documentation for Africa bookings
- To ensure the product sold to their clients and the supporting information is to the highest standard.
- To achieve levels of client service at all stages of the process to engender repeat business. It's your goal to ensure all clients return home having had a trip which exceeds their expectations and which they are happy to recommend to others.
- To interact with clients mostly over the telephone and by email - with occasional face to face meetings with local clients and at PR events.
- Keeping in touch with product developments in your region, ensuring that you remain a true country specialist with up to date commercial knowledge and understanding of hotels/flights/infrastructure.
- Effective supplier management and due diligence.
- Liaising with partners overseas to check availability, pricing etc.
- Ensuring all information relating to quotes and bookings is captured accurately on our booking system (Axum)
- Contributing content to the email newsletter and other ad-hoc marketing platforms as well as providing core copy for new destinations / hotels within Africa for our website as the programme develops.
Africa Sales Specialist - Skills
- Experience of high level customer service
- Selling skills within a tour operator environment of complex, multi-destination, long-haul itineraries.
- Experience of working in an office environment, competent IT skills with the ability to effectively and quickly manage multiple software applications simultaneously
- Experience of CRM/ Booking Systems (training will be provided but existing knowledge of Axum would be highly desirable)
- Pro-active and resourceful
- Knowledge/experience of countries or region of speciality. In this case, they are looking for excellent Africa product knowledge, ideally with recent travel to the region and familiarity with infrastructure and accommodation.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organisation & time management skills
- Strong numerical skills (for pricing up itineraries)
- Full driving licence
Hours: 32-40 hours a week (core hours 9:30 - 15:30 M-F but flexible working and up to 3 days home working per week considered). Occasional weekend work may be necessary.
Travel: Some international travel to remain up to date with product knowledge.
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk