Head of Sustainability - Travel & Tourism - London / Hybrid. A superb opportunity for someone with a passion and in-depth knowledge of sustainability within the travel and tourism industry. You will be working with the travel industry to encourage their participation in sustainable practices and collaborating with PR/Communications teams on how this is communicated to consumers.
Head of Sustainability Responsibilities
You will be responsible for identifying emerging developments in sustainable tourism, engaging with the travel industry to promote and encourage sustainable practices, championing action when it comes to climate change, human rights, local impact and animal welfare. You will work with a number of stakeholders and subject matter experts such as NGO's, governments and destination representatives. You yourself will also act as the sustainability expert.
Head of Sustainability Skills Required
- Excellent knowledge of sustainability issues, preferably within the travel and tourism industry
- Commercially aware, recognising the balance between sustainability matters and the impact these have on tour operators and travel agents
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- High levels of interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Confident in public speaking
- Flexible to travel at times and attend industry events which are outside core hours
Head of Sustainability Additional Details
- A competitive basic salary to be discussed on application
- Hybrid approach (likely to be 2 days a week minimum in London) with the option to work remotely outside of this subject to business needs
- 25 days holiday, rising to 28 days after 3 years and 30 days after 5 years service
- Ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance and income protection
- Private medical
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Executive Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit http://www.candmexecutive.co.uk/