Conference and Meetings Consultant
Wonderful opportunity to work for a most respected Travel Management Corporation providing UK venue finding and event planning for one of their key clients. The pay is competitive and they have a good benefits package that includes a competitive holiday allowance, private healthcare.
Conference and Meetings Consultant Features:
- You will be Venue Finding: advising on destination and venue suitability
- Negotiate rates with suppliers, using Destination Management Companies, & Central Reservation Offices where necessary
- Providing clients with accurate Proposal/Confirmation documentation
- To record all enquiry/confirmed booking details and ensure all booking files are maintained accurately
- Work proactively to confirm pending enquiries in order to maximise profitability
- To communicate with other departments as required in relation to the enquiry/confirmed booking
- To provide ongoing liaison with suppliers as required in relation to the booking until event invoicing is completed
- Undertake site inspections or occasional provision of on-site assistance if required/agreed with key clients.
- To maintain product knowledge/develop expertise through site visits and educationals as appropriate and maintain supportive literature/material on destinations and venues
Conference and Meetings Consultant Skills Required:
- You must have a good UK venue/destination knowledge, ideally gained through providing conference planning/venue sourcing services.
- Strong organisational skills
- Able to prioritise and work well under pressure - react well in a fast, frantic environment
- Sound knowledge of UK geography
- PC literate; competent in Windows/Word/Excel
- Good business letter composition
- Numerate, with knowledge of basic principles of negotiation
For more information on this Conference and Meetings role please call Sarah on 01737 309 981 or email email@example.com
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C & M Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk